This is an excellent course for improving your understanding of your child’s autism and discussing strategies to support them at home and school. It is offered to families with a child on the Autistic Spectrum, aged 4 – 10 years old at the start of the course. Each family has 2 places allocated – these can be mum and dad, or parent and a close family member eg grandparent / aunt / uncle or parent and friend. If you attend the course there is provision for a member of staff, from the school that your child attends, to also attend the training – this is very valuable in sharing home / school understanding of your child.
Please consider taking up the opportunity of this training – families who have attended training in the past have commented on how much more confident they feel, how much they enjoyed meeting and sharing experiences with other families and improvements in home / school support. - For further details contact - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NAS - Parent to Parent Service
NAS - Parent to Parent Service
Please see information below about the service available from the National Autistic Society.Find out more information on their web page or the online enquiry form by visiting the Parent to Parent pages of the NAS website.
Our latest Ofsted Report,June 2019. Working Together, Learning Together we are able to create an environment that is the best that it can be for all of our youngsters.The content of which truly reflects your wonderful children,our wonderful staff and our officially 'OUTSTANDING' school. Congratulations!
Please see the report on the Ofsted Website : https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk
Family Action Helpline
Family Action Helpline - 0808 802 0222 The Parent Helpline is FREE.Parents can call for a befriending service where a volunteer will support for a period of time or counselling can also be offered if required via telephone or email.
Lincolnshire Parent Carer Forum - Please see their website Events page for further details (www.lincspcf.org.uk ) Telephone : 07925232466
Lincolnshire Parent Carer will be holding drop in Information Sessions around Lincolnshire to be able to meet professionals & share information - Please see the attached documents below for dates of the drop in sessions.
Learn more about support services, grants and information for you and your child at this Forum.
Family Dog Service, Lincoln - This service is for parents & carers who have a child with autism between ages 3 & 16 who are either looking at getting a dog or who want to train their own pet dog to help their child.The service consists of 3 workshops followed by emails & phone aftercare, the workshops will be held at Canwick Village Hall LN4 2RW starting in July 2020.Our link is https://www.dogsforgood.org/how-we-help/family-dog/our-workshops/family-dog-workshops-2020/
Lincolnshire Parent Carer Forum are holding a signposting and Information 'Virtual' day on Tuesday 22nd September on Zoom.This will be throughout the day starting from 10 am to 8pm.This is for parents and carers of children with disabilities and additional needs.For further information please look at the attachment below - 'LCPS September Poster'
- http://www.transitioninfonetwork.org.uk/page/1 - Transition Information Network
- www.cwdsi.co.uk -[This is the Lincolnshire County Council web-page for children with disabilities and/or sensory impairments,providing a range of sevices,information]
- www.careresconnect.me [Support for carers in Lincolnshire]
- www.autism.org.uk/pubs - The National Autistic Society publications
- www.autism.org.uk/amazonshop - The sensory world of autism
- www.paains.org.uk - This website is designed to be a gentle step by step guide into the fascination and rewarding world of Autism
- www.oassis.co.uk - 0ffice for Advice, Assistance, Support and Information on Special Needs.
- www.widgit.com - very good for free downloads of visual symbols - Also has a newspaper for older children, recipes, jokes, film reviews etc., also try ebay for Visual Resources.
- www.education.gov.uk/popularquestions/childrenand families/specialeducationalneeds.
- Lincolnshire Young Carers Count - Spurgeons - 01205 331322 email@example.com
- http://www.autism.org.uk/our-services/advice-and-information-services/parent-to-parent-service.aspx-NAS web page
- http://www.ceop.gov.uk - Child Exploitation & Online Protection Centre
- http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/lscb - Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board
Other useful links:
- https://www.tigermobiles.com/2015/05/how-to-protect-your-children-on-their-smartphone/ - Advice on Safe Smartphone Use
- http://website.twtt.org.uk/ - This is the link for the Working Together Team website.
- Please see details below on the uploads and the Young Voices Poster about SEND Young Voices- which is for 11-25 age group so would be relevant to Year 6 .It is a group of young people that are working together to improve services for young children with SEND.
You will see below an attachment 'Sensory Processing' at the bottom of the page which is about project details to support children with Sensory Processing difficulties at the Autism Research Centre, University of Lincoln.The first step to participate in the project would be to complete the questionnaire. This can be accessed by this link : http://bit.ly/sensory-sensitivities-in-children
Extra Funding available for your child's education - If you're caring for a child under a SPECIAL GUARDIANSHIP ORDER (SGO),ADOPTION ORDER OR CHILD ARRANGEMENT ORDER,additional funding is available to ensure they are given extra support at school.To read more details please see the attachment below titled : 'Pupil Premium Plus (PP+)'
South Holland District Council have created a list of contacts to support people with accessing services they may need as a result of the ongoing impacts of the pandemic - Please see below on the purple tabs 'Essential Contact Numbers'
CORONAVIRUS Information - Please see the link below for further parental advice :
https://www.local.gov.uk/coronavirus-information-councils and attachments below explaining Coronavirus and advice.
Useful Documents For Parents - Please see below :